We all have those moments when we are seriously butt hurt. These are a few of the things that make my butt really hurt.
- When someone outbids me on eBay. Especially if they’re one of those people who waits til the very last second and I think I’ve already won… but then I don’t. Jerks.
- When I go get a manicure and the lady asks if I want my eyebrows waxed.
- I give in and let her wax my eyebrows, and then she asks if I want my lip waxed too. I now do all of my waxing myself because of this.
- Dirty looks from strangers. (I’m thinking this should read: “Dirty looks from anyone.”)
- When I compliment someone and they don’t seem genuinely surprised at my thoughtfulness. I didn’t HAVE to tell you your hair looks fantastic today… I mean you didn’t say anything nice to me!
- When I lose. I tried to think of specifics, but I pretty much don’t like losing at anything.
- When someone else proves me wrong. This is one of those moments when I say “Whatever” and walk away like I have somewhere important to be.
- When I have to do a group project for school and my group clearly doesn’t like my ideas. This doesn’t happen often, but when it does I act like I don’t care about the class anymore.
- When someone gets on the elevator with me and just because I’m standing next to the buttons they just say the number of their floor expecting me to hit the button for them. I realize that this may not be a big deal, but what really isn’t a big deal is for them to do it themselves.
- When my status on Facebook doesn’t get at least 5 likes. Anything less than 5 and it’s deleted out of pure shame.
Posted in What I Think
Tagged college, college problems, compliments, eBay, elevators, facebook, funny, happy, humor, life, making fun, nail salon, personal, real talk
Among the daily balance of working, educating, family, friends, enemies (we all have them), and everything in between, we can sometimes find it difficult to remember what really matters; ourselves. Finding happiness is not only one of the hardest things in life, but there are more books on it than *insert new diet craze here*! That can only mean one thing though: the answer is never as clear as it seems. From the point of view of a young adult, the struggle is real. When we aren’t worrying about the next assignment due, our GPA, or our sales at our fashion retail jobs, we’re trying to figure out what to do in the time that’s left to keep ourselves sane enough to do the same things tomorrow. Not to mention, most college students have chosen to drop their hometowns, families, and friends to accomplish their hopes and soon realize that being in a new place takes a toll on their stress levels and their beautiful Ted Baker wallets! I can give a lot of advice on this topic because I am constantly looking for new ways to get by. For starters, it helps for you to know your self worth. Granted, this will sometimes be questioned when your stress is at its highest, but it is so important to believe in yourself and see the potential even on the days that no one else does. I see it this way; if you don’t recognize how great you are then how can you expect others to distinguish you from your competitors? Don’t take this advice as an excuse to be a narcissist, but a humble individual who is confident in their achievements, no matter what they may be. I’ll leave you with that to think about for now because any more and I’d have to start charging by the hour.
Kelis spent some time in Las Vegas recently where she performed at The Palms singing, you guessed it, Milkshake. At first glance doesn’t Kelis look like Youtube sensation, Glozell? What’s sad is that might be the nicest thing I have to say about this ensemble. It is important that all of us understand the definition of overkill. Now YOU do, but does Kelis? There are four mouths in this look: the two on her shoes, the one on her shirt, and the one in her head that she should have used to tell her stylist to get her shit together – I didn’t think I would ever have to say this, but TWO MOUTHS MAXIMUM per outfit, please! Amongst her loud, pop-art decisions, Kelis has dug a deeper hole by adding big chunky earrings to go with her big chunky necklace.
The icing on the cake? Look closely and you’ll notice that she is wearing the infamous Moschino gold letter belt… UPSIDE DOWN. I think this may be the appropriate time for a fashion student to use the acronym, “SMH.”
Posted in Rag of the Week
Tagged celeb, celebrities, celebrity, fashion, fashion police, kelis, moschino, rag of the week, singer, style, what not to wear